YOU MAY BE ASKING YOURSELF, "SELF, HOW CAN I HELP SUPPORT LONG RIDERS RADIO?"
First of all, THANK YOU for listening. It is so humbling to know that so many people listen to (and hopefully enjoy) this podcast. I am always looking for ways to improve it. From transitioning to more professional style audio equipment to making this website better, there is one thing that makes it happen faster - money. None of this stuff is free.
Now, its not like I'm expecting this show to become my career. It's a hobby and I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't completely love it. However, as a hobby, its tough to justify sinking a ton of money into it - especially when there's some new farkle to bolt on the bike.
All I'm hoping to do is make a small dent in the cost of producing this show. In the end, it would be awesome if would break even.
So, how can you help? Let's go down the list (Spoiler: Not all of them involve money):
- Become a contributor to Long Riders Radio at Patreon. Patreon is crowd funding for artists of all types. If you sign up at Patreon, you pledge a specific dollar amount per episode. I aim for one episode per month. If I have a bunch of episodes ready to go and somehow manage to release more than one a month, the extra episodes are free. If I don't put out an episode that month, you don't get charged.
- Make a one-time contribution using this link or the button above. It's going to ask you for your email address and phone number. You can leave the phone number blank. (I can't figure out how to turn it off.) The email address is required, and the only thing I'll use it for is to send you a thank you email.
- Buy a sticker. I've designed a few stickers through Sticker Mule and you can show your love for the show by slapping one on the back of your ride.
- Like us on Facebook. Get the word out about the podcast. Share the posts about the shows on your own feed.I'm pretty sure everyone in the LD community is at least aware that this show exists, but maybe one of the shows interests one of your other friends
- Follow the show on Twitter. It's like Facebook for people with really short attention spans. I love it.
- Suggest a show topic. Know someone famous, interesting, or exciting? Let me know and we'll see if we can't get them on a future show.
The following people are contributing at least $5 per episode. Thank you!